When it comes to nightlife in Lausanne – the best small city in the world, – you can enjoy a wide range of venues and activities that attract night owls from all over Europe. Let’s see them in detail!
Lausanne by night: the best things to do
1. Popping over to some bars
First of all, Lausanne offers a wide range of bars where you can meet friendly people from all over the world. Among them, we suggest you give a try to:
- The Great Escape: a well-known, down-to-earth, English-style pub that serves a wide range of beers, burgers, chicken wings, nuggets, and salads. Really popular among students and expats, it’s the perfect place to watch live football or rugby matches;
- Bleu Lézard Et Sa Cave: a meeting place and arty bistro that offers a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the seasonal cuisine, the delicious Sunday brunches, the live concerts by local and international groups, and the cafe-theatre events;
- Les Brasseurs: famous for the love of the brewing industry and the craft of in-house traditional beers, here you’ll find tasty beers and conviviality;
- Les Arches: under the arches of the Grand Pont, where guests can get some fresh air, sip on a drink or taste a snack – having a break during a shopping session or after work;
- Qwertz: the first e-sport bar in Switzerland, a perfect meeting place for both players and non-players. Despite the big passion for video games, the bar also hosts board games evenings, concerts, and improvisation shows.
2. Enjoying the discos and nightclubs
What’s more, Lausanne houses also several well-known nightclubs that are perfect for music and dance lovers, such as:
- MAD Club: the temple of electro music for over 20 years – in the Flon area – with a restaurant and four dance floors featuring different music genres like reggaetón, mashup, and hardcore;
- D! Club: an old cinema that’s been converted into a DJs spin house, where house music rules the night – a great meeting place for night owls and genre lovers;
- XOXO Club: located in the Flon area, its building’s architecture is a mix of shadows and lights, while the club is split into two floors. A Swiss clubbing jewel that really deserves to be visited;
- Jagger’s: situated on Rue Etraz, this nightclub is popular among rock music fans and serves delicious cocktails in a friendly atmosphere;
- Folklor: located in Riponne, it represents a temple of underground electro, and its interior design has been entrusted to the EPFL architects.
3. Visiting the concert venues
Finally, among the other great things to do in Lausanne at night, we recommend you to explore its major music venues, namely:
- Les Docks: located in the Sévelin area, this huge but intimate concert venue houses over 70 events per year and features all contemporary music genres, acting as the key venue for international musicians’ concerts, offering also an exhibitions’ gallery and a café;
- Le Romandie: a famous venue that houses live and DJ evenings with Swiss or international artists, offering mainly rock and electro-rock concerts – but also themed evenings and screenings.