Zurich is the perfect city for both students and workers, not only thanks to its wide selection of serviced apartments but also to the countless rooftop restaurants where you can enjoy beautiful views of the city’s streets, the lake, and the Alps.
Let’s see the most stunning ones in detail!
The Trendiest Rooftop Restaurants in Zurich
With an area of over 1,700 m2, this amazing venue features:
- Numerous large and small rooms;
- A wonderful outside rooftop terrace overlooking the Flughafen Park;
- Delicious French dishes, such as Bouillabaisse or Canard à l’Orange.
2. Hiltl Dachterrasse
Hiltl Dachterrasse is a stunning culinary oasis that – according to the Guinness World Records – is also the oldest vegetarian restaurant in the world!
Taking the glass lift elevator on Beatengasse, you can reach the roof terrace on top of the PKZ fashion store and:
- Taste the vegetarian buffet;
- Discover delicious coffee and tea specialties;
- Enjoy the marvelous view of the Bahnhofstrasse.
Then, after finding the perfect apartment to rent in Zurich, we suggest you discover the Haute Rooftop Bar and Restaurant, a private club on the 13th and 14th floor of the Hochhaus zur Schanze building.
If you are not a member, you can still get access to the restaurant by booking a table in advance to enjoy:
- Premium drinks;
- Panoramic views of the city and the lake.
4. La Muña
While, on the sixth floor of La Réserve Eden au Lac, you can find La Muña Rooftop Restaurant, an elegant venue that offers sophisticated recipes – such as ceviche, sashimi, or beef entrecote. Here you’ll enjoy:
- An antique-style furniture and wooden floors;
- Two rooftop terraces surrounded with 360-degree views of the Old Town, Lake Zurich, and the Alps.
5. Roof Garden
- A French-Mediterranean menu, with dishes prepared in the open kitchen;
- An outdoor terrace with amazing views over the city and the Uetliberg;
- An exquisite selection of wines and cocktails.
6. ooo Rooftop Restaurant & Bar
On the top floor of the Modissa Store – above Bahnhofstrasse – you can find the ooo Rooftop Restaurant & Bar, an Asian-inspired restaurant that features:
- A high-class fusion kitchen that includes dishes like Dumplings and Pad Thai, along with local creations and amazing cocktails;
- An inside lounge and a stunning outdoor terrace.
Moreover, we suggest you discover Griederbar, a rooftop bar and lounge on the top of the Grieder shopping malls, which offers:
- A breathtaking view over Paradeplatz;
- A rooftop terrace with comfy lounge couches and white parasols;
- Tasty and homemade food – from burgers to salads, soups, cocktails, beers, coffee, and tea.
Finally, you can’t lose the opportunity to visit Sonnenberg, an amazing restaurant and rooftop bar where you can enjoy:
- A menu of modern Swiss and European specialties;
- One of the most magical views of the city, the lake, and the Alps;
- An all-glass tube Panorama Gallery that offers unbelievable views and an outside-feel that’s perfect for winter.