Zurich offers plenty of fun activities also in terms of nightlife – thanks to a wide range of parties, bars, clubs, and music venues. Let’s discover them in detail!
The most terrific nightlife venues in Zurich
When it comes to Zurich’s bars, the choice ranges from the summer beach bars on the lake to the downtown nightclubs. In any case, they’re mostly places that were once frequented by names like Einstein and James Joyce, including:
- Olé Olé Bar: one of the most famous bars in the heart of the Langstrasse quarter, where you can meet an eclectic mix of people of any age, going from bankers to students;
- Splendid Piano Bar: in the heart of Zurich’s Old Town, a 40-year-old bar that offers unique cocktails and jazz or blues live music. Here you’ll enjoy international artists sitting at the grand piano and delighting clients from all over the world;
- Old Crow: a small bar in the Old Town, where you can taste great cocktails and over 1,600 spirits in an old-fashioned, high-quality, and cozy atmosphere;
- Kronehalle: a unique design bar – opened in 1924 – where you’ll enjoy first-class cocktails and homemade appetizers in an elegant atmosphere, surrounded by art and paintings;
- Petra’s Tip Top Bar: a popular meeting place for pop music lovers and the LGBT community, well-known for its friendly mood, delicious cocktails, and performances;
- Kater: a bar where rock’n’roll fans feel at home – whose music goes from heavy metal to the ‘70s glam rock, – which serves beers, whiskey, cocktails, and alcohol-free drinks;
- Pub Crawl Tour: an unmissable guided tour to discover Zurich's nightlife – with free admission and drinks included, as well as a great opportunity to meet locals and expats from all over the world!
2. Discos and nightclubs
The city houses also numerous night clubs to enjoy music for all tastes and unmissable events. We suggest you pop over to:
- Mascotte: the city’s oldest nightclub, where names like Josephine Baker and Louis Armstrong performed, which offers techno, pop, hip hop, funk, punk, or rock music evenings, and hosts international artists’ concerts;
- Kaufleuten: a legendary club that offers famous DJs’ performances, concerts, and cultural events, as well as a restaurant, lounge, and bar;
- Gonzo Club: a friendly underground club on Langstrasse, where dance enthusiasts can enjoy rock music, concerts, and regular parties;
- Zukunft: a biosphere where night owls can dance to the rhythm of electronic music, phuture jazz, afrotech or deep house, offering also a meeting room to chat with people from all over the world;
- Hive: a music paradise for house and techno lovers, thanks to the overwhelming lights and lasers that cross its three dance floors;
- X-TRA: a truly popular club that hosts concerts and some of the best Zurich’s themed parties, such as the gothic ‘More than Mode’ or the rainbow ‘Lollipop Party’.
3. Music and concert venues
Last but not least, you should enjoy Zurich’s major music venues, such as:
- Jazz Club Moods: to enjoy jazz, soul, blues or pop performances, as well as a great selection of cocktails;
- Rote Fabrik: on the banks of Lake Zurich, a legendary cultural center that hosts international artists’ concerts, film screenings, and theater performances;
- Helsinki: an old automobile garage near Hardbrücke, where everything is homemade, and exciting alternative music concerts or wild parties take place;
- Volkshaus: an attractive bar-restaurant on the Helvetiaplatz, whose leather seats, benches, chairs, and tables are a great place for chatting, drinking, and eating;
- Dynamo: a live music venue, bar, and bathing area on the Limmat River, which offers subcultural events, concerts, and parties.