Switzerland: not just the heart of Europe, but a mixture of wellness and multiculturalism.
A country where citizens don't share the same linguistic and ethnic identity but are linked by common values, history, and a federal system based on direct democracy.
That’s why, if you’ve ever wanted to live in a place where you can realize your professional and individual dreams, Zurich can be exactly what you’ve always looked for!
5 main reasons to live in Zurich
1. Settling in has never been so immediate
Zurich is a city that adapts itself to its citizens’ flexible lifestyle, characterized by a pop soul that’s suited to young adults who are looking for exciting social and work experiences.
Some pieces of advice to start off? Here they are:
- Participate in expat groups both offline and online;
- Check out the Zurich Tourism guides and the Hello Switzerland Events page to be always updated about what’s going on;
- Check for regular events and meetups.
2. The middle ground between a city and a locus amoenus
We all know how the frenzy of a big city can be thrilling and exciting at first, but after some time you begin experiencing the downsides of such a chaotic place.
Indeed, Zurich is relatively small and everything speaks of wealth: it is sprinkled with tidy gardens, parks and lake activities, as well as cycling lanes and thousands of bikes, which reflect a high life-quality and make the city stand out among others!
3. Assured freedom of movement
Another aspect that makes Zurich being so special is surely its efficient, reliable, and time-saving transport system: day or monthly passes, and annual travel cards are all available, and you can find any related info on ZVV.
Yet, the option that’s surely the most suited to you – if you’re aiming at a flexible and temporary option – is The Zurich Card, which includes:
- Unlimited 2nd class travel by tram, bus, train, boat;
- Short boat trips and Limmat river cruise;
- Reduced admission to several cultural venues.
4. A city where there’s always something going on
As the largest city in Switzerland, Zurich is where it’s all happening, and where you’ll find a large range of activities: theatres, museums, galleries, live music, restaurants, sports, and much more!
5. A valuable boost for your career
Why choose to work in Zurich can change your career? Simple, thanks to:
- An economic stability and a low taxation, with an unemployment rate of just 3%;
- Values like professional growth, flexibility, work/life balance, entrepreneurship;
- The presence of multinational companies from all over the world;
- Promotion and networking opportunities;
- Possibility to enhance your language and cultural skills.
The result? You will acquire a diverse set of skills and experience, in a unique city that you’ll surely fall in love with!