Zurich, with its mix of international and local festivals, big-name gigs and smaller venues, is compact enough that you’ll often run into someone you know, but large enough that you can meet new people in every corner!
The best things to do in Zurich if...
1. You’re a sports person
Zurich is a paradise for sports enthusiasts! The city will surely have something for you, for instance you may:
- Have some water fun at Seebad Enge, the coolest swimming area in Lake Zurich, which includes a sauna, massages, and two large swimming pools.
- Enjoy the FC Zurich, by catching a local match at the Letzigrund Stadium or visiting the FIFA Museum.
- Climb the Uetliberg, the Zurich’s local mountain, perfect for hikers and bikers.
2. You’re keen on arts
If you’re an art lover, Zurich offers you a huge range of cultural activities, like:
- Strolling through the Niederdorf area, if you want to experience an immersion into Zurich’s art soul. Enjoy its cute boutiques, art galleries, art-house cinemas, and a stop at the Cabaret Voltaire or Café duDA!
- Visiting the Zurich‘s National Museum and Kunsthaus.
- Joining the Party at Street Parade and the Zurich OpenAir, respectively the largest techno-parade in Europe, and the most famous Swiss music festival.
3. You are a natural outdoorsy
Going from the Lake to the mountains, everything in Zurich speaks green, so:
- Give a try to the Lake Zurich, taking a short round-trip by boat from Zurich Bürkliplatz, catching a boat up the Limmat river, trying stand-up paddle-boarding, or hiring a pedalo.
- Rent and ride a bike, just leave a CHF 20 deposit at one of the Züri rollt containers and enjoy the city on two wheels!
- Discover the Langenberg Wildlife Park, with the Forest Adventure Trail that leads visitors through the forest via twelve interactive stations.
4. You love shopping
Zurich has also a huge choice of shops for you:
- Visit the Bahnhofstrasse shopping street, where luxury goods, jewelry, and boutiques are the main attractions. Once you’re tired of the shops, head for the large Sprüngli Café in Paradeplatz to enjoy a coffee and a cake!
- Go across the river Limmat in the Niederdorf, a pedestrian pathway in the old town area where you can find smaller boutiques and antique shops.
- Reach the Viadukt, an innovative shopping mall where you can also enjoy regular events and craft markets.
5. You go crazy for food
Zurich has a wide choice of restaurants and places offering Swiss specialties, so:
- Take a Cheese Fondue Cruise, to enjoy the Swiss cheese fondue aboard an evening cruise on Lake Zurich, departing from Zürich Bürkliplatz.
- Visit Café Odeon, which offers coffee, lunch, and also the possibility to get in the local spirit by ordering an aperolspritz!
- Go veggie at Hiltl: the world's oldest vegetarian restaurant with a famous buffet of over 100 dishes, its own bar, shop, and nightclub.