The microliving revolution has already started, and student housing is following this fascinating trend.
Yet, microliving doesn’t stand for discomfort or narrowness: this phenomenon, in fact, comes with several benefits and opportunities that can solve the typical challenges of looking for a suitable student accommodation in Switzerland.
Let’s discover more!
Struggling to find a student apartment in Switzerland?
In Switzerland, the main challenge for expats and Erasmus students is to find a suitable accommodation, since the Swiss real estate market is really competitive and:
- Hosts prefer future tenants to visit the house in person;
- The official documents and the required cover letter aren’t in English, but in German, French or Italian;
- Few hosts are willing to rent for short periods;
- The Swiss universities’ housing solutions for international students are limited in number;
- The shared apartments’ rooms usually cost less, but lack privacy.
Microliving is the key solution!
All this leads us to microliving, which refers to those apartments that have an area of around 30 square meters and provide all the necessary amenities for an independent, flexible, and innovative living.
Such solutions are suitable for both modern workers and students who would rather spend their money on leisure activities, but without giving up on comfort and timesaving services!
Benefits of microliving for students
1. Already furnished and equipped apartments
First of all, when it comes to comfort, you should know that microliving apartments usually come fully furnished and equipped, making you save a lot of time and money.
Functionality and technology, in fact, are at the heart of such solutions, which are usually gifted with convertible furniture, appliances, and apps.
2. Flexibility and easy online booking
Another great benefit of microliving is the possibility to book your apartment online, opting for flexible and short-term contracts that are perfect for both Erasmus students and those who are going to undertake an entire course of studies in a Swiss city.
In this regard, we at City Pop offer the opportunity to visit and book the apartments autonomously, by easily choosing your favorite one and a 20-minute time slot – through the City Pop App!
3. Additional amenities and services
What’s more, just bear in mind that microliving solutions can offer some stunning on-demand services to help you focus on your studies, such us:
- Contactless check-in and access;
- Fast, private Wi-Fi and smart TV;
- Fully equipped kitchen and food delivery;
- ‘In house’ Pop Market 24/7;
- Innovative common areas to socialize with peers or to study;
- A dynamic community that organizes events;
- Cleaning services.
4. Extra expenses included
In addition, a microliving rent includes all the additional expenses and utilities, such as the electric, Internet, gas, water, or trash pickup bills!
5. Independence and quietness
Last but not least, when it comes to studying, another great microliving advantage is that you don't have to share your apartment with other people, guaranteeing you all the needed independence and peace of mind.