Did you know Lugano offers over 400 km of marked bike trails?
A stunning opportunity to stay in touch with nature, thanks to bike itineraries for each capability.
Let’s discover them in detail!
7 thrilling mountain bike trails in Lugano
1. “Bike & Cheese” Alpe Bolla Trail
First of all, we suggest you join the guided excursion by e-mountain bike to Alpe Bolla, where you will:
- Marvel at the breathtaking views of Lake Lugano and the mountains;
- Discover the enchanting neighborhood of Castagnola and the town of Brè;
- Ride through a beautiful beech forest;
- See a cheese maker at work and taste some fresh products.
2. Lake Lugano & Monte Brè e-Bike Trail
An innovative trail you shouldn’t miss is the 50-km e-bike ride off to Lake Lugano, a guided tour to learn the local geography and how an e-bike works.
Here, after riding by the lake, you’ll reach Monte Brè and enjoy a drink whilst overlooking the lake views!
3. Lugano Bike – Nr. 66
We also recommend you one of the most beautiful bike routes in Switzerland – Lugano’s Alpine tour – that combines nature, history, and culture, allowing you to:
- Enjoy an impressive panorama, babbling streams, and Alpine meadows;
- Discover an enchanting natural oasis that houses forests of birch and numerous species of trees;
- Reach the region's most famous mountains – Monte Brè, Monte Bar, Monte Tamaro, and Monte Lema – to marvel at Lugano and its lake, Bernese and Valais Alps, Lago Maggiore and Italy.
4. Vicania Bike – Nr. 351
In addition, you can discover the fascinating Peninsula's Allure – on the outskirts of Lugano – through a bike tour that includes both naturalistic and cultural aspects.
Along this trail, you’ll be captured by the beauty of:
- The Church of Ongero and its “Way of the Cross”;
- The Vicania Alp and its restaurant;
- The botanical park of San Grato with its flora, thematic paths, and restaurant;
- Carona town center and the amazing outdoor pool.
5. Brè Bike – Nr. 356
The Brè Bike itinerary, also on the outskirts of Lugano, can take you to the majestic Monte Brè – where you will:
- Pass through wonderful woods and admire a panoramic view of Lugano area;
- Discover the village of Brè and its artistic decor made up of modern art works;
- Buy local dairy products and see herd animals at Alpe Bolla;
- Relax on a restaurant’s terrace at Monte Brè to enjoy the sunset.
6. Monte Bar Bike – Nr. 358
Then, a classic Lugano’s mountain bike path is the panoramic tour on the slopes of Monte Bar, where you’d come across:
- A lodge and a farm;
- A typical Alpine hut with bike-friendly services;
- A mountain meadow;
- “Alpe Rompiago” farmhouse.
7. “La Via Dei Sapori”
Finally, "La Via Dei Sapori" is a journey through the naturalistic beauties and flavors of the Capriasca area, north of Lugano.
This stunning place offers wonderful landscapes and bike routes that lead to woods, alpine pastures and huts, where you can taste local products like cheese or salami!