8 reasons why Geneva is the best place to study

8 reasons why Geneva is the best place to study

Thanks to a wide range of renowned universities, an impressive economy, the presence of several multinational corporations, and an outdoor lifestyle, the city of Geneva is a dream come true for students from all over the globe.

So, let’s see discover more about Geneva student life!

 

All the benefits of studying in Geneva

 

1. The multicultural atmosphere

First of all, Geneva is well-known for its multicultural identity.

Here, English is widely spoken and Swiss locals make up approximately 60% of the city population, while the other 40% consists of expats – with a 25% of international students!

 

2. The city’s safety and quality of living

Switzerland ranks 7th in the Global Peace Index. So, when in Geneva, you won’t have to be afraid of walking alone around the city!

What’s more, Geneva ranks 9th in the Mercer’s Quality of Living City Ranking – according to factors like housing, transport, health service, and education.

 

3. The high-level education system

Switzerland offers a high-quality education system that guarantees excellent job prospects – along with impressive working conditions and generous salaries!

Geneva houses several public and private universities, including the University of Geneva and the EU Business School – an international, high-ranking institution that offers a wide range of programs and exclusive lectures with world-class business leaders.

 

4. Innovation, entrepreneurship, and job opportunities

Genev, along with Zürich, also represents the Swiss leading financial center and is home to a wide number of global agencies, multinational companies, and financial institutions, such as:

This goes hand in hand with an exciting startup scene and the presence of several tech companies that attract entrepreneurs from all over the world!

 

5. Nature and sports activities

In addition, being located between the Alps and the Jura Mountains, Geneva offers the chance to try several outdoor, nature, and sports activities like:

  • Skiing;
  • Snowboarding;
  • Paragliding;
  • Glacier trekking.

Also, Lake Geneva – the largest lake in Central Europe – features several activities, such as:

  • Cruising;
  • Swimming;
  • Hiking;
  • Cycling and mountain biking;
  • Rock climbing.

 

6. Plenty of student accommodation

What’s more, living in Geneva also means having multiple options in terms of student accommodation, including:

 

7. An amazing nightlife

Last but not least, Geneva has always something to offer when it comes to nightlife, thanks to the many:

Want to discover more about living and working in Geneva? Keep following our blog to find the best tips you need to know before and after moving to this stunning city!
Next
Lakes near Zurich that are most beautiful

About Author

City Pop
City Pop

City Pop offers competitively priced and flexible serviced apartments, with an extensive range of on-demand services.

Contact

Recent Posts

Connect with us